I’m going to put this recipe out for “beginners” in cheesecake making. For that reason, it won’t be necessary for you to make your own crust like I do. Just buy a Keebler’s grahm cracker crust.
Prep time: About 20 minutes.
You will need:
1lb of Cream Cheese (2pkgs)
2 Tbs Chocolate Syrup
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 Tbs Sour Cream
1 1/2 cups Mini Chocolate Chips
2 cups Mini Marshmallows
1 Grahm Cracker Crust
An electric mixer is required for this recipe.
1. Combine cream cheese, egg, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Use electric mixer to mix until smooth and creamy.
2. Add chocolate syrup, 3/4 cup of chocolate chips, and if you desire, a small amount of marshmallows (not a part of amount of marshmallows I listed, this is optional!) Mix thoroughly with mixer.
3. Once desired consistency is achieved, spoon out about half of the mixture into the grahm cracker crust.
4. Place a layer of marshmallows. (I place them in circle patterns until I reach the middle, but you can get creative with this part!) Try to use about half of recommended marshmallows.
5. Take 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and scatter them evenly on top of the marshmallows.
6. Carefully spoon the rest of cheesecake mixture into the grahm cracker crust, spread evenly and try not to mess up the marshmallow/chocolate chip dividing layer.
7. Do the same thing as #4 with the remaining marshmallows. However,DO NOT add chocolate chips!
8. Bake at 325° for one hour.
9. (This may not be necessary. Check cheesecake.) Switch oven to “broil” mode for anywhere from 2-5 mins depending on your oven. The trick is to melt the top later of marshmallows, maybe even brown them a bit for effect.
10. Remove from oven and cool at room temperature for at least one hour, or until completely cooled. (Apply remaining chocolate chips after 15-20 minutes of cooling.)
11. Once entirely cooled, place lid on cheesecake and refrigerate for no less than two hours, but preferably overnight. (a cheesecake is not a cheesecake without this step, so don’t cheat and eat it early, it won’t taste the same.)
12. Serve and enjoy! Makes 8 servings.
Thanks all! Love and light!